Tethered Toaster

Tethered Toaster

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Moonlight Lake RV Park - New Bern, NC

Moonlight Lake RV Park is located about 10 minutes from downtown New Bern, NC. The park is a small fairly inexpensive place to stay. Good things about the park: inexpensive laundry machines ($1.50 each), clean bath house with 2 private bath/showers, nice helpful staff on site (Stephanie!), decent location and seems to be safe. Bad things about the park: wi-fi is poor, verizon coverage is poor (had to buy a booster WeBoost 4G-X, after $500 still only slightly better), sites are close together, no trees for shade, campground needs  maintenance (sewer pipes not buried), 20amp connections don't work and utilities are all bunched together (water/electric too close for my comfort).

When I first showed up the spot they were going to put me in was even smaller then the one I'm in now. Fortunately, being a single woman backing up a TT myself Stephanie gave me a larger spot to make it easier. Unfortunately, I have nice neighbors who are here for a month also, but they have several dogs and the dogs park anytime I am outside, or they hear me. I can't even enjoy an evening outside and have a phone call because the barking is so loud and constant.

Things to note: $50 a month electricity allowance, if you go over you pay the difference. You can pay cash when you get here instead of credit card, if you want to have the freedom to change your mind. That being said the other parks in the area are more expensive, or as I hear, riddled with bugs.

Website: http://www.moonlightlake.com/
Location: New Bern, NC
Monthly Price: $450   Weekly: $140
Includes Wi-fi, Cable, Electricity, Water, Bathhouse
Date of Stay: June - July 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment